Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

I'm Feeling Lucky

Remember that story of me nervous about something? Ha! I've crossed that hurdle this morning. I'm as happy as I could be. I dunno why I've been extremely lucky lately.

But this month didn't start the way I'd like, though. See, on my birthday on June 5, three of my websites were hacked. Good thing the hacker didn't do major damage, but he was able to access my servers via FTP and inserted malicious code into many important files. As a result, one blog that I manage was labeled by Google as a site that "may harm your computer". That's like a death sentence right there. When I fixed everything up, I had to write StopBadWare.org a love letter to remove that site from their list. After a few days, they did. Whew! To stop it from happening again, my webhost advised us to change our Cpanel and FTP passwords, which I did. My webhost by the way is Dreamhost.com. Imagine that someone was able to steal all our passwords by hacking into their system. How dumb was that? Anyway, I'm done ranting about them already. All I can say is they SUCK.

After that ordeal, my luck took a major turn. My website earnings shot up significantly and got a new exciting gig to boot. My mom's business that I'm handling is improving too. I don't know if luck had anything to do with it, but if you're reading this Lady Luck, thank you!

I think luck only comes when you work hard for it. I'm not a typically hardworking person though. I'm one of the laziest people I know. But I did work hard nevertheless, so maybe that's why.

Off-topic: I'm gonna see the Transformers movie again. I totally messed up yesterday -- I entered the wrong cinema!! But the movie's still by far the best movie I've ever seen in my whole life!! It's even better than Citizen Kane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment