Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Beggars Can't Be Choosers

More often that not, when I help someone WITHOUT asking anything in return, they think I owe them something for helping them out. They even have the guts to make me wait and tell me, ok, you can help me now. This applies to many people close to me. If it hits you, too bad.

One person whom I'm trying to convince to blog thought the same thing .. that s/he was doing me a favor by starting a blog. My, my, whatever happened to gratitude? Has it died a sudden death? I attend an event and is asked to take photographs. So I take pictures, but the ones who asked tell me to stop and do it later. What?? Sadly, this happens to me. I'm Mr. Dependable, Mr. Driver, Mr. CD Burner, Mr. Photographer, Mr. Fix-it-all -- all in one. And yet, on my birthdays, I get nothing from these vermins that I've helped. Not even one lousy gift. They'd rather spend it on their cellphone credits. But like I said, I don't expect anything in return. But any little token of appreciation would be great you know!! One cousin of mine calls me his/her favorite cousin only when s/he needs something from me. Sorry, again, if this gets to you, I hope you choke on what you're eating right now!

Fortunately, it's my friends who assure me there's hope in the world. Too bad though that many of them aren't here. But I do know they appreciate me for what I am, and for me, that's a thought good enough to get me through the day.

1 comment:

  1. can i beg? hehe. backlinks lang. LOL.

    Happy Birthday... kailan yan?

    ReplyDelete