Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Financial Independence?

HSBC Platinum Credit Card

Today, I cut up my extension credit card and will start afresh by using a credit card tied to my name. Although I have been faithful in paying my credit card bills, albeit vicariously via my mom, it's high time I act like adult and handle my finances independently.

My money comes from different sources, a few on paper checks and the bulk is wired to my bank accounts in the Canary Islands. Kidding. Last week, I visited my bank (HSBC) to pay my VERY FIRST credit card bill. How quick and painless it was. With a few keystrokes and a magic wand, the bank lady (who happens to be my cousin lol) wrote off P20,000 from my bank account and voila... we're done. I'm like, "That's it?" Apparently. As I drove off I thought to myself, I could do this! But I dread the day when I look at my next bill once my mobile and web hosting expenses are consolidated to this one card. My cellphone bill last month alone reached P13,000 while I was in the US and Europe!! It's different when I'm the one looking at the grim reality of my spending habits. No wonder my mom freaks out every time! Lol! If this new epiphany of mine is going to make me curb my spending, I'm totally fine with that!

BUT.. you see, I've made it a point to travel out of the country at least once a year. What better way to enjoy your money but to travel, right? So far this year, I outdid myself, multiplied by four! I visited four countries. That's right, F-O-U-R -- Singapore, France, Italy and the United States. The headline is, I'm traveling next month to Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia. Guess who went berserk when I told her and implored me to back out? :P I can't back out of this one coz the plane tickets and hotel bookings are already paid up. My friends and I plan to spend our first night bungee jumping at Clarke Quay in Singapore :D Coincidentally, the night we arrive (September 27), is the third and final night of the F1 racing event. I heard the Backstreet Boys are performing. Hmmm, nah. If it were Miley Cyrus it would be a different story. LOL

I know some of you are looking forward to what happened inside the Louvre. Definitely watch out for that post tomorrow.

Thanks for tuning in!

1 comment:

  1. In case you feel generous, you can sign me up as your supplementary card holder. Aweeee! :D

    ReplyDelete