Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sea Dragon

Sea Dragon


It's been ages since I've gone to a perya (fair). One night, my friends and I went to one and challenged amongst ourselves to go on what appeared to be a "tame" ride, the "Sea Dragon".

Sea Dragon


The Sea Dragon works like a pendulum. At the end of the pendulum, a boat-shaped contraption (where passengers are seated) is swung from left to right in increasingly sharp angles and speeds. If you've been on Enchanted Kingdom's "Anchors Away", then you're in familiar territory. I was excited about the Sea Dragon since Anchors Away was easy pickings and I have been on some of the world's worst roller coasters. But all that bravado was short-lived, unfortunately.

The ride started okay. Slowly but surely. We were getting higher and higher, but that is expected. Then I realized that the ride was taking a little too long to reach its climax. Like waaaay long. After 5 minutes, I felt my internal organs rearranging. Just when I thought the thing was about to stop, it goes even higher! My friend Lyle was having a nervous breakdown. Chattee was swearing at the operators who appeared to be laughing at our misfortune. Faust was asking what medicine to take for his churned tummy. Brendel was the only one who was able to maintain her sanity.

After 10 grueling minutes, the Sea Dragon finally came to a halt. I felt nauseous and on the verge of barfing. Lyle looked like he just ran a 10km marathon. He was drenched in sweat and visibly unwell. He asked Brendel to get him some Bonamine for his dizziness, but the pharmacy across the street was closed. I said we had Bonamine at home and that I could drive us to our house which was like 5 minutes away from the fair. When we reached our house, Lyle's situation grew worse. I won't give the blow-by-blow account but let's just say that everything Lyle ate took the wrong exit :P Chattee and I popped a pill of Bonamine to be sure we won't suffer the same fate.

Afterwards, we grabbed some coffee and food at Blugre MTS. Lyle felt 50 times better. He ordered tea to help soothe his stomach. Despite our bad luck, it was a memorable evening we will always look back on decades from now. :P

8 comments:

  1. Where did you guys sit? Hindi naman sa dulo no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh poor lyle. 0__0 That sounds scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Angel: No, we sat on the third from the last row. Good thing the first two rows were taken or else this post wouldn't exist! :D

    @Van: Yep, poor guy. But he is better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ride proved one thing. Brendel is not hooooman. Lols

    Let's stick to the bumpcars and shooting booths next time, owkie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll stick to the bumpcars. The shooting booths are a ripoff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see. But wow, 10 minutes? Sadist much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing I had a prior engagement that night. :)

    ReplyDelete