Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tony & Jackey

The rolling brownouts in Davao are an annoyance! Electricity conks out at exactly 1PM everyday. At the rate it's going, my desktop computer will end up a corrupted piece of junk. I might as well turn it off 10 minutes prior to the scheduled brownout or risk losing my data. It's funny coz it's become like an involuntary routine for me to stand up from my computer chair once the pc blacks out and go straight to the shower. I was supposed to work out today but I felt like skipping and get some work done. Obviously that is not possible without electricity, so I decided to get a haircut first to kill time. In a previous rant I said that my haircutter Pacita migrated to Dubai which pretty much put my hair's future in limbo. Prior to Pacita, it was Alma who cut my hair but she moved to Bacolod. I was severely depressed both times, but today is the day for me to move on. I checked out a newly-opened salon in SM, Tony & Jackey. It's run by a bunch of Koreans. The salon was white and super clean. The Korean stylists also looked clean lol. Their haircut costs P300, more than twice as much as David's (where Pacita and Alma come from). The stylist assigned to me was Daniel. I was afraid that he might give me one of those weird Korean hairstyles so I told him straight off that I wanted a normal haircut. He said "Ok" and begun work. After 15 minutes of snipping it was done. He didn't say anything else except for a "Thank you" in the end.

The result:

Tony & Jackie Davao City
Props to Daniel


I'm saving up for my next haircut already :P

11 comments:

  1. May free foundation and lipstick ba ang haircut nila? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, it does look "normal" but your spiked up hair in your plurk profile pic looked cooler. You must miss your hairstylist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why shell out 300 when you just wanted a normal haircut? (unsure)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lyle - Lolll, no. Natural yan.. haha jk

    @Van - Yeah I miss Pacita.. but Daniel did fine. I could still spike up my hair with this haircut if I want to.

    @Chattee - Tried it out lang :D Will try others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha. kala ko ayaw mo ng expensive haircut :P u should try philosophy :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Winston: I tried Philosophy. Didn't like what they did to my hair. And it took an hour to finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they ruined my hair. i would not recommend Tony and Jackeys. just after money - they think they are hot shit just because they are from korea. WELL guess what, they are only in the Philippines because they can't make it big in Korea - they are swindling money from the Filipinos. IF i were you, BEWARE AND DO NOT GO to TONY AND JACKEYS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @anonymous: Oh no... what did they do to your hair?! Please elaborate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 300?! I just had my hair done at their salon yesterday and they charged me 500 for it. Weird. Maybe the price is different here in Manila? :p

    I'm loving my hair tho. I got what I paid for. Props to my stylist TOP :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, it IS a salon run by Koreans. MEANS...well...it means that they base (some of) their style on the trends set by the S.K. fashion~

    I actually like it there~ well, who could blame me? I'm half Korean^^! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. same here... i would not recommend that salon too.. temporarily good, but in the long run, u will really notice how they damaged your hair.. hahaha.. shame on them..!

    ReplyDelete