Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Moral Dilemma

Late last night I met up with my friends Christine (aka Chicklet the bubblegum) and her husband Mac for coffee, 'coffee' being a misnomer because not one of us ordered a thing that had coffee as an ingredient. Yeah, ok.



Chicklet lent me a DVD of the first few second season episodes of the TV show Chuck. And for about ten minutes she couldn't stop gushing about her crush on Chuck. She says Mac can do a great impression of Chuck having a 'flash' if that's the right word. He looks something like this:



Fotunately she likes Chuck Bartkowski, and NOT this jerkoff:



I said why don't they train Chuck to be a spy so he can defend himself? Chicklet agreed, but we sort of realized that that would ruin the premise of the show. It's like Ugly Betty becoming pretty all of the sudden, or like that silly show Prison Break where all of the main characters are not in prison.

* * * * *


After the Chuck talk I suddenly had the urge to tell my friends about an incident at the gym I go to. As I was running at the semi-outdoor track, I saw an uncle of mine with a girl. A girl who isn't his wife. I dunno what to make of it. Are they friends? Or clandestine lovers? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I wish I never witnessed it because now I carry this burden of whether to tell my aunt or not. My friends say I should shut up until I'm sure the affair is real. So yeah, I'm keeping my mouth shut and not risk putting my family and/or my life in shambles. What do you think? I hope none of my relatives read this lol too late.

* * * * *




Tonight I'm eating at a Japanese restaurant called Tadakuma with my mom and her sister's family. It's a bit on the trendy side but the food's good. They have an old branch across the Central Bank that has an authentic Japanese ambiance which I prefer. Nevertheless the food and prices are the same. Oddly enough, they didn't print a trendier menu to match the trendy branch. They use the same authentic menu that doesn't belong in a restaurant trying to be trendy. Perhaps I'm bitter that they always run out of salmon. :P

15 comments:

  1. re: your uncle seen with a girl who isn't his wife...

    questions..(1) how old/young is your uncle? (2) is your uncle from your side of the family? (I mean, he's your mom/dad's sibling?)

    coz it depends you know. If I was in your place though, I'd tell my Mom/Dad about it first, and I'll let them do the rest. :D

    p.s. you should've taken photos.. :D (ignore this, I'm a rude idiot).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your mouth shut na lang, Drew! But if your conscience is bothering you, talk to your uncle directly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anonymous - 1) He's old. Like 50-60 something. 2) Yes.

    A little history: He's a repeat offender. The last time he got busted, the one who 'told' got the wrath of my family. That's why I don't want to meddle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Blogie: Yep I've decided to keep quiet and let my aunt find out on her own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, at least the one who told has a clean conscience ... do you want to be bothered for a lifetime?
    For me, it is always better to tell the truth, even if it hurts and as a wife if that was my husband, I would open up to him. Majority of the men I know are not loyal to their wives, and I guess your Tita knows or has an idea of what's going on. BUT be sure of the situation before you open it up with your family. and yes, sana you have taken photo's like Gossip Girl :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Babsy: Yeah I should bring my camera phone along with me next time :P I was jogging at that time that's why I left it in my locker. I dunno what he was thinking. I'm sure I've told him which gym I go to. Of all places, why fool around there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, Tadakuma Japanese Restaurant's picture is taken near the Central Bank? I think its not...????? I haven't saw that building. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @dRei: No, that picture is that of the newer branch in Damosa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pray and ask God for wisdom on what you would tell your tito before you talk to him. It will not give you peace of mind if you keep it to yourself. And ask him the real score. Then give him advice and tell him what you feel...you can also ask your mom.Maybe she knows ur uncle better that you do and moms can keep secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Drew

    thanks for the reply.

    wow. your uncle's really.. *strangles self*

    no offense but, shouldn't they, uhm.. feel better that someone had told them about your uncle's 'escapades'? I mean.. I would've been really appreciative of that person. but that's just me.

    anyway, if I was in your position though, and I've seen how the family reacts to revelations like that, I'll keep my mouth shut. If they interrogate you years later about why you didn't say anything, say 'bakit? the last time someone stepped out with a story like that, you blew them off!'

    p.s. if that was my husband, I would've kicked him in the balls a long time ago, and I wouldn't be hanging around long enough to see him do it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd be a bit careful about keeping this post up here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Anonymous 2: Nah, I've decided to zip my mouth, even if it bothers me a little.

    @Anonymous 1: Yeah he's a piece of work alright.

    @Dom: Oh well, sa matamaan na lang hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmmm... anybody i know, cuz?? hehehe j/k best to wait until you're 100% sure that something is amiss lest you upset the family over nothing :-) anyway, as these things go, no dastardly deed remains undiscovered ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Anonymous 3: Yes you know him, cuz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. CUZ! If you see them again together, talk to the uncle. Let him know that you know.

    ReplyDelete