Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rainy Days



Today is a rainy day in Davao, both literally and figuratively. Literally, the rain hasn't stopped pouring since this morning. The streets didn't flood that badly, fortunately. I drove my Pajero instead of the usual Toyota Vios, in anticipation of stronger rains tonight. Here, when it rains hard, it floods almost instantly. When I'm in my Vios I feel like the car is sinking and it's taking me along with it.

Figuratively, I am having an awful day because my server stopped working and my webhost said there's a chance that no data can be recovered. Worse, no backups were made. I'm kicking myself now for not making any backups, not even one. But I also can't believe that the webhost didn't care enough to back up my files. I mean, I'm paying for a dedicated server and they took no prerogative whatsoever to make backups. One tech support guy whom I've hated from day 1 said "it was out of their control". That's pure bullshit because unless a lightning struck their server farm, everything is within their control to prevent such disasters form happening. Good news is I'm leaving them in a month or so unto greener pastures. Ugh, at the same time I'm also dealing with an advertiser who hasn't paid me for two months. Could this day be rainier? Is 2009 the Year When Andrew's Life Will Suck Ox Balls? Coz it seems headed that way!!

* * * * *


A friend from Manila suddenly called and wanted to meet for dinner. Where will I take her? Hmmm.

* * * * *


Listening to "Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire. Nice song but better not sing it in front of prostitutes LOL

1 comment: