Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Zipline Of Love (and Lols)

Photobucket

I had the most awesome time of my life when droves of blogger friends from Manila, GenSan and CDO came over for the Davao Food Appreciation Tour. Part of the sked was to go ziplining on Saturday, March 14. That was, bar none, the funnest part of the three-day event (don't get me wrong, food was great too). *Little* did the others know that they were in for a big surprise -- my friend Jay proposed to my other friend Aileen while she was still attached to the harness! Talk about hung up to dry hehe! But I have to give props to my main man Jay. What he did was ... uh. The sweetiest thing? I'm proud to say that I had a small part in it, even if it meant acting and lying to Aileen's face. (Sorry Aileen LOL)

Photobucket

Fritz (aka Astroboy), Jeff (aka Scolioboy), cuzzes Ria, Gwing and Drew

Photobucket

Green Vs Yellow: Drew, Kuya Migs, Gwing and Aileen (aka Clueless Girl)

Photobucket

Drew and Uber-PA Katherine V. Lara

Photobucket

'D' Sweeties: Jay De Jesus and Aileen Apolo (still clueless at this point)

Photobucket

Gwing, Chattee and Fritz

Photobucket

They're Engaged!!

Congratulations to both of you! Mwahugz!

Thanks to the all of the staff of Excelerator for being the coolest while we were planning this. Kudos to their CEO Matt McNeal for pulling all the strings.

Out of all the ziplines I've been to, Excelerator is the BEST of the BEST. It's also convenient coz it's very close to the city (~20 minutes). Not to mention the longest and fastest zipline in Asia. Excelerator is located in Maa, Davao City. The zipline is a kilometer long and 200 feet high. Cost is P300 per person, P150 if you decide to give it another go. Visit their website: OutlandAdventure.org for more details.

20 comments:

  1. How I wish I can visit Davao soon. I want to try that zipline thingy and of course, eats lotsa food! :D

    What a sweet proposal. I'm hoping you'd propose to someone too in a year or two lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, ziplining was the highlight of DFAT. It was my first time at the Xcelerator, and boy was it uber fun!

    I wasn't able to witness the proposal because I was still on the other side, but I felt the "kilig" even if I was a kilometer away. ",)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahahhahaha..

    astig ang Outland Adventure... adventure talaga...

    ang lapit pa sa city proper.. pwedeng lakarin! errr.. maglagay lang ng trail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mica: Ganun LOL. I'll propose to you in April hahaha.

    @Chattee: Where's your animated gif? :P

    @Migs: Sana may lagyan nila ng escalator haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I forgive you for being the accomplice! Hmph! Ang galeng mo magkunwaring walang alam ha! Maiisahan din kita someday :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kundi lang nakakatamad magtrek paakyat, sarap sana umulit ulit sa zipline LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post and pics, Drew. Parang ikaw lang yata ang di pinawisan sa Zipline.

    I'm glad I joined the Outland Adventure thingy, I had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fortunately, the PHAIL video is with Markku. May chance pa na hindi mapost yun. Weeee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. naku chattee, nagfee-feeling masipag si markku...hintay natin mga 3 months mapo-post na ang video mo :p

    ay teka... :p

    namiss ko tuloy ang zipline. daming memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Aileen: Yun na ang sasabihin natin when taking pictures!

    @Jen: Kelangan nga ng escalator haha

    @Lyle: Going up was still a little difficult and pinawisan pa rin ako ng todo!

    @Chattee: Sana mapost na nga ni Markku -_-

    @hana: Yeah namiss ko ang zipline. Grabe tagal ng hangover na to :c

    ReplyDelete
  11. @hana: pfft this is weird, I don't have pics of you and Markku on the first day of Ziplining. :( I'll make a second post. Marami kayo dun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's ok drew! kasi nauna ka sa amin e :) kasi isa ka sa punong-abala sa proposal ni jay to aileen :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @hana: hehehe tnx! kayo rin medyo busy nun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. next time, magzizip na ako..:P

    sweetiest nga..:D (cozy) to the sweeties..

    ReplyDelete
  15. yayks. napakacheesy ng title. hehehe. :D hugz to the sweeties. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Panalo ang captions! Magpo-post na ko soon, promise! Abangan nyo dito. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ngayon ko lang nabasa tong post na to. WHATTALATE! Masyado akong pa-cute sa pic. LOL!

    SWEETIEST, DEFINITELY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ria don't worry.. mas late ko nabasa sayo. hehehhe!

    @drew1of3: naku lagot ka ! may balak si Aileen na gumanting maisahan ka ! iskerd. hehehehe!

    @mica: o propose daw si Drew sayo sa April, ngayon na yun ! I'm sure he proposed na mag Krispy Kreme kayong lahat. hehehe!

    @drew part2of3: astig sa captions ! dami mo rin kalokohan sa katawan. hahahaha!

    @aileen: cheese vs. lachis ? syempre anong sasabihin mo ?!?!?!

    @drew part3of3: Thanks for helping me out in our mastaplan ! Success ! You can make a living now out of that title "accomplice". mwehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How sweet to propose her fiancee... Love It. Sana akin memorable pud!

    ReplyDelete