Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

I Heard It From The Zipline

Photobucket
Andrew, Jeff, Fritz, Chattee, Jayvee, Markku, Hana, Jenny, Maki, Ria, Juned

So, we crackheads had to come back for not one, but two more rounds of ziplining!

One part of our group who didn't make it the previous day -- in particular Jayvee, Jenny and Maki -- who were forcibly dragged from their hotel rooms to experience it with us. Gramps Juned, well, tagged along but wasn't in the mood.

Photobucket
We had to literally pull ourselves across a river on a makeshift raft to reach the trek going up.

Photobucket
Jayvee was half asleep the entire time. LOL.

Photobucket
Nuff said.

Photobucket
Hana was one of the very few (me included :P) who successfully ziplined upside down.

Photobucket
I wish I could say the same for Jeff. Hehehe. Peace!

Photobucket
This pic can be summed up in four letters: F-A-I-L. Hahaha! Who has the video?

Photobucket
Markku had two phones taped back-to-back to capture the moment in 3D.

Photobucket
Jenny was happy and she knows it.

Photobucket
Jenny and Maki.

Photobucket
Juned, Jeff, Maki, Andrew, Fritz, Ria

Oh! Did I mention that I got in for free? Hehehe. But for the second round, I decided to pay. Everyone except Jayvee and Jenny zipped for the second time. While I was up there I asked the staff if there was anything else I haven't done yet. I've done the superman position, seated, upside-down and backward plunge. In the first backward plunge, my back was facing the zipline while one staff person was holding my harness. Then on a count of three, he let go of me. This time, the guy said: do it but without us holding your harness. Basically he asked me to do the "Nestea" plunge. Damn. So I did but as a result my recently-healed hip injury began to hurt again. Pffft. Nevertheless, it was fun. The injury resolved itself in two days anyway so no worries.

Again, if you're the adventurous kind, do try out Asia's fastest and longest zipline at Outland Adventure! Tell them that Andrew sent you. LOL. Visit their website or call/text 082.224.5855. Beginning April 4 till the end of the summer they're open everyday. I was informed that the record holder for the most zips done at Outland was this guy who's done it 17 times! Now's your chance to beat that record!

16 comments:

  1. I think... it's you who's gonna beat that record. Easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ang laki ng tyan ko! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine was the experience of a lifetime. next time, eenjoy ko without any worries :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @riajose: I'm not *that* addicted. (riiight)

    @markku: hehehe!

    @aileen: Sayang sana sumama kayo ulit :P

    @jaydj: Your zipline moment is the one to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Ano brrr.. Nag FAIL pa talaga when Kuya Markku had it on video.

    @Drew Let's do it again this April! I wanna do something crazy for my birthday--- like zip na may hawak na birthday cake. Lul

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have Chattee's vid LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ay shet bakit tawang tawa ako? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Panalo yung mmm-hmmmm ni Jeff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try it again with my "saranggola costume"! hahahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe ang saya naman nito :D Sana ma-try ko din :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. whatchu use to put the balloons/callouts? comic life?

    ReplyDelete
  12. 17 times? Di siya nagsawa? Wala bang side effects kapag nasobrahan zips? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Fritz: Werz the video? Share!

    @Jen: Tuwang tuwa ka lang siguro :P

    @Eugene: Hahaha :D

    @hana: Saranggola? bwahaha! I'd like to see that in... June? August?

    @Mica: Yeah too bad you missed it. There's always a next time.

    @Jeff: Koya I didn't even know what Comic Life is until you mentioned it hehe. I did it all in Photoshop. Not too difficult. I teach you.

    @Louis: Apparently di sya nagsawa lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am Rosalindo Briones of Donsol Butanding Tours. i am planning to have our own zip Line here in our place since a lot of tourists are coming this season.
    Can you help me finding a man to work with me about this?

    Can you help me with this questions..

    1. where will i will buy the gadgets? in hongkong?
    2. How much do you thing will be the cost in a zipline with a lenght of about 150 meters?
    3. What are the necessary license that i have to make for this kind of extreme sport?
    4. in your place, how much is your per ride cost?
    5. can you give me an estimate cost for this?

    Thanks,
    Takz
    of Donsol Whaleshark

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello

    invite ko kayoo dito sa Donso0l.
    whalesharks and island hoppping.
    The best animnal encounter in Asia..
    Mail me at takz78@yahoo.com
    63+921-743-5677
    Kita kitz

    ReplyDelete