Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Nestea with Calamansi is Gross

I woke up at 830AM today, with Taylor Swift's song "You Belong With Me" playing in my head. It played and played, like a broken record. I gave up and stood from my bed, not really knowing what to do. Ha. How about a morning picker upper to jumpstart the day? I came downstairs to the pantry and attempted a new iced tea concoction: Nestea mixed with fresh Calamansi juice. Here's my "secret" recipe:

Iced Tea of Death

Ingredients

2 tbsp. Nestea Iced Tea powder
2 pcs. Calamansi
1 glass Water

Directions: Squeeze calamansi into glass using a strainer. Pour iced tea powder and water. Mix well with ice.

Ok, did I say it was gross?

The result was a cross between chlorinated water, Bisolvon and a rotten citrus fruit (e.g. calamansi duh). I don't recommend the recipe above. If you insist, replace the Calamansi with 1/4 cup of Minute Maid Citrus Pulp. Adjust the amount water to accommodate the juice. Tastes a million times better.

Ahhhhh.

Alright, that's it. I'm boring.

5 comments:

  1. hi. can we link exchange with my blog http://mariancalago.blogspot.com?
    of if u want with this blog
    http://marian-moviereviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. pls let me know if its ok with u. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha. Try moh with Salt, vinegar and Maggi Savor. it'll taste like Magic! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. or try the pre mix from Nestea.... it is great, almost as good as from John and Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love...no, ADDICTED!...to Nestea Iced Tea Mix Lemon Flavor (Sweet Tea Mix) with crushed calamansi fruit. I put some of the iced tea mix to taste with water and squeeze as many calamansi there as I like. Add enough ice to induce brain freeze and voila--it's pure heaven to me! It's almost been a crusade for me to find this fruit in any warm weather destination--I usually clear out the stock of the vendor when I do find them as they can be hard to procure. Now, I'm trying to research how to grow this plant so I can enjoy calamansi year-round.

    ReplyDelete